Yogurt in Nutrition Initiative
The Yogurt in Nutrition Initiative for Sustainable and Balanced Diets
A unique initiative…
The Yogurt in Nutrition Initiative for Sustainable and Balanced Diets (YINI) is funded by the Danone Institute International…
…to develop and share scientific knowledge about the place of yogurt in sustainable healthy diets.
YINI is the go-to place for dietitians and nutritionists, healthcare professionals, and the general public to find current evidence, lifestyle and nutritional information about the place of yogurt in sustainable healthy diets.
The mission of the initiative is:
- to uncover scientific data, stimulate new research and identify gaps in our understanding of the place of yogurt in sustainable healthy diets
- and disseminate broadly this information to professionals and general public
Conferences on the health effects of yogurt and sustainable healthy diets
Different symposia or summits are organized under the initiative of the YINI :
- Eating to protect ou health and planet, organized in December 2022, during the Internation Congress of Nutrition, in Tokyo, Japan. The conference is available online
- Balancing planetary and human health, the crucial role of biodiversity, online, on June 2021
- “Eating to protect our health and our planet“, organized online on June 2nd, 2020
- “Can yogurt address malnutrition”, organised in 2019
- “Yogurt, more than the sum of its parts”, organized on June 10st, 2018, during Nutrition 2018 congress, in Boston.
- The 5th Global Summit on the Health Effects of Yogurt, organized on October 18th 2017, during the International Congress of Nutrition, in Buenos Aires. The proceedings have been published in Nutrition Review, in Dec. 2018.
- The 4th Global Summit of the Health Effects of Yogurt, organized on the 6th April 2016, during the Experimental Biology Congress, in San Diego.
- The 3rd Global Summit on the Health Effects of Yogurt organized duringthe Experimental Biology Congress 2015, in Boston, in March 2015.
- The first Global Summit on the Health Effects of Yogurt was organized during the Experimental Biology congress 2013, in Boston, gathering more than 200 attendees and 20 speakers (video presentations are available online). It was followed by a new edition in 2014 and the two proceedings are published and available.
- Besides those Global Summit, YINI organized several conferences or symposia.
On yogurtinnutrition.com, the international website of the initiative:
- You will find plenty of content such as
- scientific reviews of publications,
- online conferences and slideshows,
- blog posts,
- symposium reports
- Experts interviews, and much more…
Every week, a fresh basket of content produced by YINI appears on the homepage, free for the picking. You will find detailed information and advices including, interviews, easy tips or quick messages, and even some classic recipe favorites, highlighted by experts. The website is available in French, Spanish and Italian.
YINI is also active on: